Monday, April 10, 2017

Myspace Re-Post #10: Grey Day

Note: Re-posted from my now-defunct Myspace blog, where it was originally posted on June 30th, 2006.

There was an oppressive dome closing me into a narrow space today. All day.

The sky refused to rain, but I was forced to drive around and take car of my business with a perpetual cloud over my head (not the metaphorical kind).

I go through periods of disillusionment and boredom sometimes. Often. I'm in this routine where I get up, watch some TV, go to lab for a few hours, drive around aimlessly for a few hours, spend some money to make me feel productive, and then go home and spend hours watching TV.

I did finally finish a rather moving movie today. I don't suppose any of you have seen it, it's a double threat: it's old and it's in another language. Oh wait, and its a musical too. Triple threat. Nevertheless, I liked ""The Umbrellas of Cherbourg"" for its depiction of a French town in garish pastels, for the beauty of the lead actress, and for the devastating conclusion to it's central love story. Let's just say it wasn't a happy ending.

Oh, and I spend like a half hour or so at this guitar shop near my place. This guy who was working there by himself is kind of goofy, but he knows more than I do about guitars, so I asked him a bunch of questions and displayed my chops a little bit.

Will music get me through my malaise? It better, cuz I don't know what else will.

 

No comments: