Monday, April 10, 2017

Myspace Re-Post #9: Guilt

Note: Re-posted from my now-defunct Myspace blog, where it was originally posted on June 26th, 2006.

Hey everyone,

Guilt is the subject of today's post. This is because I haven't posted in three months or something (too lazy to actually check...).

First I was busy with term papers and finals and getting things settled for summer. and my brother was around for a few days, &c. so my side street of the internet was closed to thru traffic.

and then, you know, momentum just kind of takes over and I'm in a not-posting rhythm and it's just a tough habit to kick, you know?

Anyways. The tumultuous semester ended - one in which I was responsible for publishing a psychology journal (came out really well), took classes that were too hard for me, finalized plans to work on an honors thesis over the summer, and spent a lot of time chasing after a girl (or thinking about doing so).

About that, I mentioned her in my last blog (yes, nearly three months ago). We went on a couple of dates, which were fun, and chatted on the phone a bunch, but she's in Israel now for the summer, so that's all on hiatus. and it's not an exclusive relationship or the like, so I'm still on the lookout (new prospect sighted this weekend!).

As of right now, I (with a small running crew of two) am caretaking the Hillel Rabbi's pad while he parties hearty in Israel. Pretty sweet deal, since I'm not paying rent really, just upkeep and maybe a small donation at the end of the summer. I'm also taking care of his car...

The main focus of my time is getting some thesis research off the ground. I work in a psych lab that's really expensive and complex, and there's like thirty people around this summer (I swear, it's busier than during the school year!). My primary contribution to the study I'm working with is to be a few scales (questionnaires to assess personality traits or attitudes, etc.), and the professor in charge keeps rejecting my submissions, so that's frustrating.

But I shall overcome.

and working on some new music, finally. because when I'm not in lab, or running back and forth to different Harvard libraries tracking down obscure journal articles and publications, I really don't have that much to do.

So anyways, maybe I'll muse about something in a day or two, to keep my rhythm down and the like. cuz I would like to have a nice, productive little blog. nothing too fancy, just my two cents (only if you put aside two cents a day, it can add up to four cents, or so I've been told...).

Hey, let me know how you're doing, if there's anyone out there (myspace claims there is, but I'm not so sure...). and...have a great day!

S

No comments: