Monday, April 10, 2017

Myspace Re-Post #13: Updates - I had Appendicitis!

Note: Re-posted from my now-defunct Myspace blog, where it was originally posted on March 15th, 2007.

Hey people. I know it's been a time. Whatever, I've got a lot of other stuff to waste my time with. but a comment by Yoel...er, Eight Days and Scared..., jolted me from my langorous inertia.

So I had Appendicitis last week. True story, I was there. Not a lot to tell, and what there is, I've already told fifteen million times, but basically I wasn't feeling good, so I went to the doc, and she poked me in this one spot. They have a name for it, but I forget. Anyways, my eyes bulged out of their sockets like Bugs Bunny being slammed by a mallet, and she sent me packing for the hospital.

Where I waited. For about five hours, all told. First the nurse checked me out. Then the resident did the same exact procedure. Then a surgeon. Then they made me wait a while to have some pictures taken. Then finally they were like, ok, we'll operate in five hours. Why don't you get some sleep?

Good question. But I didn't/don't. Sleep, that is. I was up all night, they needed to freakin anesthetize me to put me out, and then I woke up two hours later!

Here's the kicker to the whole thing, though: approximately eight days after surgery (that is, now), I feel basically normal. Cept I have this incision in my lower right abdomen and it's got some bruises around it. And they won't let me walk more than like half a mile at a time, and who knows when I'll exercise again...Seriously, I'm totally fine now, although I realize those of you reading this will probably feel that they have to say something about getting better anyways. Truth is, ""I've got to admit I'm getting better, a little better all the time...""

Nuff said about that, except that it interrupted my job hunt for next year, and pushed back my thesis due date. Good deal, right? Not really. My thesis was due the day before spring break. Now it's due in the middle of spring break. Whoopee!

But seriously, I'm pretty happy and well adjusted these days, my sarcasm aside.

And if I could figure out how to stop wasting so much time at 3:25 in the A.M., maybe I'd even get a little work done.

And maybe when this thesis is over, I'll attempt to post some sophisticated blogs. No promises. But ya never know...

Peace!

No comments: