Saturday, April 8, 2017

Myspace Re-Post #3: On the Lighter Side

Note: Reposted from my now-defunct Myspace blog, where it was originally posted on March 1st, 2006. For reference, this post came about 40 minutes after the previous post (i.e. "Myspace Re-Post #2..."), and refers to it in the opening paragarph.

Hey there,

My apologies to those of you who just suffered (hee hee) through that rough rough draft of my moral reasoning paper. In other news, I've been in a productive flurry in the realm of songwriting recently. Just today I wrote words to the chorus of a song that has a really excellent tune but no words before now:

and as I crest the hill I/see the valley below/I hear the road its calling/from the depths of my soul/and I can't remember/all the times I've been low/but that's all in the rearview mirror/I've got places to go

I mean, it's a work in progress, but I think it's pretty good. I also came up with a new tune, and few words to that as well:

The smoke clears, she draws near/I fall into a trance/our eyes meet, my heart beats/our words begin to dance

although I still have a long way to go on that. add in the beginnings of a paper on reward and punishment and theism etc. etc. and I've had a fairly productive day. Now might be a good time to mention that I slept through a class (and quiz) this morning. First one this semester, so I almost made it out of February without a ditch. Oh well.

Man, this moral reasoning crap...it's a requirement for graduation. Really, I can never figure out how to talk meaningfully about such issues. The course title is: ""If there is no G-d, all is permitted."" discuss. I prefer having concrete facts, like psych studies or OBP (On-Base Percentage). well, it's only one semester...

well, that's about all that's really going on right now. looking forward to: Dinner at the Rabbi's Friday night (tis no ordinary dinner, lad), Oscars Sunday, fantasy baseball draft the following Sunday, Purim, and finally spring break. Someone remind to live in the present from time to time, ok?

sb

"

No comments: